Student outcomes are improved when everyone works collaboratively in partnership. Our Lady of the Sacred Heart has adopted the Positive Partnership Programme which supports the individual needs of all students in our classes.
We believe that the following key points are essential to strengthening the support provided to students:
- Provide opportunity for clear and regular communication allowing key people to be part of the decision making process.
- Prioritise needs to improve learning outcomes, based on data and evidence.
- Identify a child’s strengths and interests
- Develop student centred plans
- Provide problem solving opportunities for key people to openly communicate ideas.
We offer evidence-based and effective literacy interventions through the following programmes:
These programmes are provided to PrePrep/Kindergarten and Prep – Year 6 students.
The school uses other programmes which cater for diverse learners, especially Indigenous and EAL/D students.
Our Lady of the Sacred Heart School works in partnership with the Student Services Team at Catholic Education Services, accessing specialist services, programs and resources.