The vision for contemporary learning across the Cairns Diocese is for Information Communication Technology (ICT) to be integral to learning and teaching in our schools to “empower those in our community to engage with and enrich our ever changing world”.
(Learning and Teaching Policy Diocese of Cairns – CES)
It is our school’s curriculum vision that each of our students has the knowledge, understanding and skills to actively participate in global learning environments safely and confidently; actively inquiring, questioning, problem solving and applying their knowledge to a variety of contexts.
All students at our school are to be:
- nurtured in their faith development and assisted in their religious knowledge development.
- provided with the opportunity to develop their values including their skills in Confidence, Persistence, Getting Along, Organisation and Emotional Resilience.
- an independent thinker and an informed decision maker and problem solver.
- actively aware of where they fit in a global society
- developing skills in effective communication
- learning to be a cooperative and competent member of the community, displaying compassion and empathy towards those that they meet.