Education is one of the greatest gifts that we can give our students. A high quality learning environment based on supporting the learner, enabling the learner and engaging the learner in a contemporary world are central to our curriculum development and focus.
We engage in a variety of learning spaces that are virtual, community based, supportive, inclusive, productive, innovative and flexible to meet the needs of our students.
Our Lady of the Sacred Heart School is actively engaged in developing Positive Partnerships. Through this programme, our learning environments support the following key messages:
- A whole school approach helps create school environments that support diverse learners
- Supporting students with diverse learning needs is a whole school responsibility, not the responsibility of the classroom teacher or parent in isolation (Roberts, 2013)
- Adjustments can be made to support learners in the areas of curriculum, instructional and environmental.
Within the context of the values we hold as a Catholic school in the Diocese of Cairns, we encourage each student to develop the attributes of a lifelong learner to become:
- a quality producer
- a designer and creator
- an active investigator
- an effective communicator
- a leader and collaborator and
- a community contributor